Friday, November 14, 2008

Happiness and Gratitude


Thank you to the lovely Dana, of Dana's Brain, for sending me some bloggy kindness this week. She always makes the day seem brighter!

This is a Happy Award. You need to list 6 things that made you happy today, and pass it on.
With Thanksgiving coming up, I'm going to merge it with what I'm grateful for as well.
Here goes:

1) I am so happy and fortunate to be married to my very best friend. We'll be married 8 years Dec. 1st, so, we're going for longevity here. We'll have been together 13 years at the end of December, and to top it off, we met 16 long years ago! WOW!

2) I am so grateful that my best friend is also a fabulous dad! The two go hand in hand you know. Being a great dad to my boys, certainly makes the heart grow fonder, and while I was already quite fond to begin with, there's nothing quite so heart warming as two boys with their dad.

3) Speaking of friends and boys, I am so grateful that my boys have one another to grow up with. Having tots back to back is not for the faint of heart, but now that they are past the newborn midnight feedings and endless diapers, these two are the best of friends, and honestly, that's exactly what I've always wished for.

4) My mother's health. 5 years ago my mom was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. We were grateful at the time that she would be able to meet her first born grandson. Now, 5 years later, we are thrilled that she knows both her grandbabies quite well. So far so good. She's currently cancer free.

5) I'm grateful for all of our health. I know that that priveledge is transitory, but I will be grateful for each and every day that that holds true.

6) I am grateful for all of our extended friends and family, and look forward to the extra time allowed for spending with all of them in the upcoming holidays.

I'm passing this on to all of you who are game. Go for it! Happiness and Gratitude. It's a good topic.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award and to your mom as well. All the wishes for continued good health.

Woman in a Window said...

You have a lot to be happy for. (I'm glad.)

Anonymous said...

great choices - very specific, yet universal. they make me happy, too.

Anonymous said...

totally cool!

i can not beleive that you have an entire blog only on awards..

i am SO award hungry and need few myself..